Friday, July 6, 2012

Totally Papercrafts - Summer

This week's Totally Papercrafts challenge theme is SUMMER and there's no mistaking that it's summer here in mid-Missouri. We've just had our ninth straight day of temps of 100+ or above. Whew!

When I thought about what summery stamps I had in my collection, the cute Lawn Fawn Gnome Place Like Home came to mind. (I just love the little garden gnome!)


Lawn Fawn has its own challenge blog, Lawnscaping Challenge. This week's challenge was to use dimension, which inspired my layout for this card. I stamped the birdbath and bird onto some white cardstock, masked them and sponged on the cloud background with some soft blue ink and a homemade cloud template. I layered this background with a strip of grass (Fiskars border punch), then added my paper pieced gnome and flamingo with some pop dots and added a second strip of grass over that. For one more touch of dimension, I topped the layer off with this double layer frame. (OMG, that was so hard to get right! I don't think I'll be trying that again anytime soon, lol.) Here are some closeups of my gnome and flamingo to show the dimension up close:



I colored everything with my Copics, including adding some shading to the paper pieced images.

I had a lot of fun creating my card, so I hope you enjoyed it! Be sure to check out the other Totally Papercrafts DT cards and join us for this fun summer challenge. Our sponsor this week is the fab Simon Say Stamp - where coincidentally you can find this and other Lawn Fawn stamp sets.

Thanks for visiting!
Lisa

12 comments:

carol said...

Hello Lisa, love your card, quote is brill, have a good weekend, x carol

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is adorable Lisa. Please can you send some of your lovely weather over here to the UK.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Anne said...

cute as a button Lisa
Have a great weekend
Anne x

Katie Ann Brooks said...

great job with the window and the dimension, love it!

~amy~ said...

incredibly a-dorable!!!

Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping challenge!

sue w. said...

Hi Lisa, your gnome is a little cutie, love the layout.
Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. Please send some sunshine!
Hugs Sue W.

Lynnette said...

Oh wow, this card was worth your effort. It's fabulous

Laurel Beard said...

Lisa, this card is fantastic! The window, the cloud background, the images!!!! OH MY! Fantastic!

Thanks so much for joining us at the Lawnscaping challenge!

Christiana said...

Absolutely LOVE this card, Lisa! Just brilliant. Absolutely love every little detail. The dimension and coloring are wonderful. Perfect for this challenge. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

What a super sweet card! IT IS PERFECT for our Use Dimensions challenge! LOVE it!!!!Hugs Karin

Danielle said...

This card is such a great use of dimension! I love the scene you've created. Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping :)

jenn shurkus said...

i love your sponged background clouds!! this scene you have created is fabulous :) thanks for playing a long with lawnscaping!