Sunday, February 7, 2010

Gratitude

I have a lot to be thankful for this week. Not only did I get to keep my job next year, I got proof once again of how wonderful my co-workers are. They were so sweet when they found out I would still be there next year. One gave me a hug, another told me that he emailed the principal to tell him all I did for the department, etc. My bosses both deserve a big thank you for putting in a good word for me with the principal. So, I made thank you cards for both of them.


This first card is for my female boss. I used this adorable Ketto (sorry - don't remember which one she is) along with some scraps from my stash. For the layout, I used week's MojoMonday sketch. (I love this sketch! It was a lot of fun) The image was colored with Copics.


This is the card I made for my male boss. I don't have too many "guy images" but I thought this retired Western set from TAC would work. I used a scrap of TAC's Rustic Chic along with TAC's brown and kraft cardstocks. I always have a hard time with masculine cards. All the usual card embellies - flowers, ribbons, etc. - are too girly. I did have some antique metal brads and twine in my stash, though. I also used my Heidi Swapp distressing tool to rough up the edges a bit to give it a more masculine/rustic feel. The image is colored with Prismacolor pencils and a blender pencil.

I'm hoping for a more calm, less stressful work week this week. Have a great week!

3 comments:

Barb said...

Wonderful cards! I LOVE Ketto images... they are so adorable :)

Jana said...

These cards are both great. Love the Ketto.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, I just love KETTO's. Beautiful cards.