Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Warm Wednesday Wishes

Welcome to another Sweet Sketch Wednesday! This week's sponsor is the uber talented Mo Manning of Digital Pencil Too. Stop by the SSW blog to check out the other design team members' great cards and then come join us in the challenge! You can win a $10 gift code to Mo's store - a great prize for sure!

First, our sketch:


When I emailed Mo for an image, we were in the midst of a brutal cold snap. I knew just which image I wanted to use for my card:

This image is entitled "End of Summer" but it sure felt warm and summery to me when we were longing for days of double digit temps! The patterned papers I used are from the "Penny Lane" collection of My Minds' Eye. I like finding a line of papers that all coordinate together. Makes putting together a well coordinated card so much easier!

Have a wonderful Wednesday with lots of warm thoughts! :)

11 comments:

Teri said...

Oooh - yeah - wish the warm would come along soon!! Fab card hun!
Hugs,
Teri x

Do What You Love said...

Lisa, the papers are gorgeous! This makes me think of spring already, though I am freezing here - looks so pretty and warm there in your design! ;D

Melissa Craig said...

Love the purple and green combo! Beautiful!!

Katie Skiff said...

This makes me want spring even more!! Great job on the card!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Lovely card, Lisa!! I love the sweet image and yummy colors!! Fabulous job!!

Stacy said...

Oh warm weather sounds nice! Brrr, it is freezing here! This card made me smile :)
The purple and green are so pretty together! Great card!
Hugs,
Stacy

Rose said...

Your card is so pretty! love that image and the colors you used are perfect!

Jeannie said...

I LUV this image and the colors you chose are perfect!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Donna said...

Scrummy card Lisa, love the summery image and the gorgeous colours of your design papers :) Donna x

KymKreates said...

End of Summer, heck I want it to start! I agree it looks like the start to me too. I adore the colors you used and your coloring is fab!
Sorry late on posting but better late than never!
Kym

sweetbloominscraps said...

Lisa, Sorry I am so late in commenting. Your Challenge 15 is adorable and I absolutely loved how you colored this image in the green and purple! I just loved this image too. I also found that beautiful purple and green paper while I was away. Thanks so much for your sweet concern for Nancy and our family.