Monday, November 23, 2009

If it's not one thing...

.... it's something else, to quote Roseanne Rosannadanna, Gilda Radner's character on Saturday Night Live.

Last week, my dog Dixie was very sick. I'll spare you the details, but I noticed something wasn't right Monday morning and attributed it to her most recent raid on the kitchen garbage can. It got worse later in the day and we had a rough night, so the next day we were off to my vet, who diagnosed her with
hemorrhagic gastroenteritis, gave her some shots & some meds to take home. The medications kicked in by that evening, but she was a very listless puppy & gave me quite a scare.

Now we are in the midst of battling a different kind of "bug" - a computer virus. Our computer's been acting weird lately, but last week I started getting this annoying pop up that would NOT go away.
DH has been working on cleaning it up, so computer access has been intermittent the past few days. Something is still not right, so if I go silent for more than a few days, you know what's up!

On a lighter note, I was at Target last week when I spotted this clear acrylic stamp:


It was only $1.49! That even fits in with my (almost non-existent) stamping budget! How can any redblooded stamper pass up this much swirly prettiness for $1.49? I, dear reader, could not! (Of course, I'm not known for my iron will when it comes to papercrafting purchases, lol.)

While cleaning my room, I came across 4 notepads that just needed to be decorated. This one seemed just perfect for my new stamp:

I'm not usually a huge fan of just black & white, but I think this works.

This is possibly my favorite one that I finished, because I love this image and I love PINK!


I used the adorable Marissa from DigiStamp Boutique. I just love her! She's so adorable. She makes a pretty good Arielle wannabe if you give her red hair, too. :)

That's it for me! (I was chatty tonight -- must be computer withdrawal, lol!) Be sure to check back Wednesday for the newest Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge!

3 comments:

Danni said...

These are wonderful! Great job!!

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Fabulous Lisa....so very pretty and she looks beautiful....

Hope Dixie is ok now.....Sally-Ann..xx

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

...and your swirl notecard is stunning! Love it....xx