Friday, September 25, 2009

The value of sketches

I feel bad that I've been neglecting my blog - I have just had NO time to stamp these past few weeks! Ugh. In another week things should calm down...

Any minute now I'm leaving to go to a weekend scrapbooking retreat with some friends. I cannot wait!! I recently bought the Page Maps sketch book because I am trying to make pages with a more modern look. (I've noticed that bunching your photos is the current trend, rather than our careful, balanced arrangements of the past. And embellishments and lots of patterned paper are key.) To prepare for the crop, I chose my photos and papers and made a sketch of every layout. My sketches are rough - just a square with a diagram of where the photos will go. It gives me leeway to play around with the paper and embellishments but, by having the "bones" of the pages preplanned, I can get a lot more pages finished. Since scrapping time is harder to come by than stamping time, this is really helpful.

I just love sketches for cards, too. Be sure to check back on Wednesday for my Sweet Sketch Wednesday card and a link to the new sketch challenge. They are always fun!

And now, off to scrap!! :)

No comments: