Friday, July 24, 2009

Something to Crow About...

Wow, it was a banner day for me! First, I had a wonderful surprise when I opened my mailbox this morning. My Toodles & Binks prize that I'd won at the Copic Colour Challenge blog had arrived from the UK. Wahoo! Later in the day, I found I'd won a $10 to StampingScrapping from the Scrappy Frogs challenge blog. Yay!

I was expecting two Toodles & Binks stamps from Stamp Galaxy but instead I got 3 - "Clive Cochran", "Puddleduck Paddington" and a new image called "Explore". Among my other goodies was a package of Basic Grey "Mellow" buttons. Wow! I loved it all.

Whew! This card sooo nearly did not make it onto my blog tonight! It's been longer than I intended since I last made a card, so I was a little overwhelmed with my list of current challenges. But I really wanted to use my new stamps & buttons, so once I found a challenge that was a good fit - the current sketch a Card Positioning Systems - the card came together pretty quickly.

However.... (you knew that was coming, didn't you?) tonight my camera was taking HORRIBLE pictures. Lens clean? Check. Photos from our day trip Wednesday look OK? Check. Wait... what is that strange little icon with the letters MF doing on my display? Obviously, it was not the "MF" that came to my mind! Turns out there is a little button on the top of my camera where you can override any camera settings and choose "Manual Focus" - aka "MF". Turned that off and I was back in business. Whew!

Supplies: Clive Cochran (Toodles & Binks), base card - PTI cardstock, striped paper - Daisy D's, brown paper - CM, red cs - TAC, Copic markers and Prismacolor pencils, BG "Mellow" buttons, tan Twistel.