Saturday, June 6, 2009

Sweet as a Cupcake

My wonderful friend, Diana, let me stamp off a few of her newest Magnolia stamps recently. This one is Tilda with Cowberry Muffin. I'm not sure what a cowberry is - would I even want to eat one? But she's cute, anyway. ;-)

I was anxious to make a card with her, so I used her on this card for the June sketch challenge over on the Magnolia-licious Hi-lites blog.

The printed papers are from a new stack I bought at Hobby Lobby this week. It's by DCWV and it's called Blossoms and Butterflies. You can't really tell in the photo, but the pink paper is glittered. I also used glitter on the top of the muffin/cupcake. To add more sparkle, I used my clear Spica pen on her wings and some metallic fiber from my stash on the button. (It's more blue in person.) The flourishes are a Quickutz die I used in my Cuttlebug. That corner of the card looked "empty" without something there. Also, I used some Belle Rose Palette ink to sponge my plain oval (which was cut with my trusty CM Shapemaker cutting system). I liked the dimension it added and it helped tie the lighter pink oval into the bright pink background paper. (This paper is even brighter in person!)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

she's adorable and i love the scroll die cut you added in the corner....really adds to the design of the sketch!
Pam Going Postal

Jacque said...

Lisa, she is just precious!! love those colors and paper...so pretty...details are so cute...Hugs..Jacque

Barb Hardeman said...

Lisa, she's just as cute a pie! I love your plaid dp behind her it makes the sketch so interesting. Nice details to everything also...

Danni said...

So very adorable!! Great job!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Very sweet Lisa! Love the colors you used & great job w/ the sketch!

hugz,
Suzanne

Sharon Caudle said...

What a precious card, Lisa! Love the colors and the flourish in the corner looks wonderful! Great card!
hugs!
Sharon

Nancy said...

Lisa...your card is so very sweet. What a great job you did color this little cutie.

cabio's craft corner said...

Great work, Lisa. Wonderful colorings combo for this Sketch Challenge!
Hugs,
Cabio

Vivi Casale said...

Adorable card! Love the stamps and love the colors you used!
Hugs
Vivi

Suzy said...

Tee hee I used the same image today GMTA! Your take on Tilda is stunning - love the pink and girly-ness of your card.

hugs
Suzy

Chelsea said...

adorable ..... love your color combo too!

Lynne in NI said...

Oh she's absolutely adorable and I love your colouring!

(I wonder do Cowberries grow on trees? - You definately wouldn't walk underneath that tree anyway! LOL)

Norma said...

lisa, lovely card. adorable tilda. Love your colour scheme--blue and pink combo. Great job on the sketch.

Hugs.
Norma xx

Laurel said...

Lisa, She is absolutely darling! I love that glittered pink paper! Great coloring on Tilda! Hugs